Saturday, March 20, 2010

Moving and Shaking

So I have been doing a lot of volunteer work at the DAAC. I am on the VAC (visual arts committee) and I think it's going really well. We had our first show, though I didn't put any work in, I helped curate. We had 35 Artists and 47 pieces total. The opening night was pretty awesome. We had 168 people attend! Jaime and I put together some food for it. We were up till four the night before taking care of stuff. I made my signature chai that a lot of people loved (it was even called a beveragegasim at one point in the night).
The next show I do intend on having a piece in. The show is called "Trimmings" it's all about art related to facial hair. I am thinking about making a mustache out of briers that I will have soaked so I can shape them a little better and then maybe mounted on a board.
Also we are heading up the Sunday Soup in Grand Rapids. If you dont know what sunday soup is you should.

http://www.incubate-chicago.org/sundaysoupfaq.html

Go there, find out, and get involved. We are featuring 3 different soups on the menu next sunday and I am very very excited for it all.
 I am doing a lot alongside thesis (which I will have updates for in due time) as well as some screenprinting work. I am trying to make things happen in my life and I think they are all starting to roll together pretty nicely, if I could only find some source of income for the next few months I would be set. But this is Michigan and shit is bleak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment